Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The first OB appointment.....

I will post u/s pics when my power gets turned on. We are having a minor power outage!!!

Well I had my first OB appointment today and it went well for the most part. Not a huge wait this time or anything! I got to see one of the docs at the clinic and it went well. They tried to do a pap-YUCK! but because I am still on the Crinone Gel they decided that it would not be a good idea to do it right now because the results can be skewed so I got out of it this time! LOL Then they did the usual-BP-122/70 (very good for me) and did weight and tried to listen for heart tones. They were impatient though. I can hear them with mine but that was OK with me because I got to get an ultrasound today and it was so amazing. They look like little babies now and baby B was sleeping and not really moving a lot. Heartrate was 165. Baby A was putting on the cutest show!!! Heartrate was 175. I was able to get a great profile shot and the baby put its little hand up like it was waving and I got to see all five little fingers spread out and then it proceeded to suck its thumb and it was so cute and so amazing! So tiny and so marvelous! I started to cry! It was just the greatest thing ever. I got tons of pics!!!!My cervix measured 4.7 cm and they don't start to worry until 2.5cm. So I am in the good here. Ultrasounds will be done every two weeks to check both cervical length and to make sure that the babies are growing evenly. Works for me!

Possible situation #1-The babies are basically on top of each other and the baby that is lower has a very low lying placenta I guess. We will need to keep a close eye on this baby to make sure I am not getting placenta previa with it and need to be put on restrictions.

My next U/S appointment is Aug. 3rd and my next OB with U/S will be Aug. 14th. I am sure that I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

That is so great! You are so lucky! I can't wait to have my OB's ultrasound.