Thursday, December 13, 2007

Comments

Thank you guys so much for the wonderful comments. I took my laptop to the employee pharmacy in the lobby today to get my discharge RX's and I started to read your comments and then started to tear up right there and I had to look like like I wasn't because it is lunch time and there are a ton of people down there right now!!!

I am still quite sore. I will be glad to come home to take my pain meds when I want to! It is slow moving for me these days which really isn't my style so it is taking some adjusting.

I spend all of my available waking moments in with the babies. They are wonderful! I think that they look a lot a like. I will be posting photos tomorrow when I get home. So stay tuned for that fun. They are eating from a bottle although not well. They take in a few cc's and then they are done so they are talking about putting feeding tubes in them just so they don't have to work as hard. They will suck what they want and then lavage the rest down the tube. Sounds like a plan to me. They are both on biliblankets as their bilirubin levels are high. (Normal for preemies)They really do look like glow worms!!!! They were able to pull their IV's out yesterday so that is a step in the right direction as well. Sophie does have episodes of apnea but overall she is doing well. Riley is breathing just fine. He looks just like my boys!!! I can't wait to get the photos up and running!!!

Time to feed the babies!

Talk to you later!!!!

7 comments:

Erika said...

Stay strong and get some rest Tanya. Little Sophie and Riley are being well taken care of and you need to take care of yourself so you are up to the task of raising 2 babies! And gobble up the pain pills, that is what they are there for! Remember, we were basically cut in half!!
Much love!

Brenda said...

Congratulations!!! You've been in my thoughts often for the past several days - now I know why. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing well. What a Christmas present! Congratulations and good luck to all of you.

M and M: said...

Can't wait to see photos of the babies tomorrow! I hope you recover quickly, my friend! I know it has to be painful...but soon it will all be forgotten.

twondra said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tanya! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see their pictures. I know you are one proud mom, and with all that you have been through...you deserve to be.

TaranTrav said...

Bring on the pictures....I am dying over here!! Take care of you and those babies!

Unknown said...

Tanya!
You are the greatest Super Mom I know!! I just got back from Texas, seeing my own Babies, don'tcha know, and the first email I open is from Santa Stork! I am so very happy for you and your family. Riley and Sophie are two very lucky babies to belong to such anice family!
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Cheryl R.