Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The final Appointment!!!!!

Well here's the deal...I had been having contractions about every ten minutes or so all weekend and basically just felt bad. I went to my OB appt. on Monday and told him of the weekends events and he suggested that I go to L and D and get monitored. So I do. I went very reluctantly as I am hormonal and huge. It turns out that I was starting to dilate...to a 1cm. Then they decided to draw blood and run the PIH panel as well. Well things came back worse than they were last week. My liver enzymes doubled what they were just a week ago. My uric acid level went way up compared to what it has been and they decided that it was a good idea to deliver me STAT. DH was still on his way to the hospital from work...I am sweating waiting for him!!!! So anyhow it was a flurry of nurses and doctors all coming together to make this whole thing work out. I was signing papers, getting IV's and a catheter, shaved, etc. Anyhow, I get into the OR and had to sit for the spinal...Can I just say OUCH! It was a toughy!!! Anyhow after I got that done and ten minutes of bawling I was all strapped down for the long haul! It was a rough surgery...but within a few minutes really I heard the loud sounds of Riley bellowing throughout the suite! Then a minute later I heard Sophie crying out!!! It was so amazing! I started crying when I heard them and I knew that they could breathe well. Then they briefly showed me the babies and then DH went with them to the nursery and I stayed there and got stitched up. Fun fun. I went to recovery for about an hour and after lots of tears and pain medication it was finally at a tolerable level. Then they took me on the bed to the nursery to see the little nuggets. They are sooo cute. I will be posting photos when I get home and have equipment that works. I have a defective card reader with me....uuugghh!!! Anyhow, the babies are so adorable! Sophie weighed in at 5lbs 8 oz and Riley weighed in at 5 lbs 5 oz. I do not have the length yet. They both have hair!!! Sophie seems to be a little spitfire just like her mother and Riley is a calm baby just soaking things up! Both are way cute! But that is a biased mothers opinion. I will for sure get some photos up as soon as I get home. They will have to stay longer than me but that is OK it is for their good and I can heal up. It will kill me to leave them though. I plan on visiting for the better part of all the days they are here. Well that is my story and I am sticking with it!

11 comments:

Erika said...

CONGRATULATIONS TANYA! I had a feeling when you didn't update yesterday! I am so happy for you and hope that you are not in too much pain. I am sure your sweet babies will be home in no time. It must feel so much better to have them out and know that everything is going to be ok! Our journey was long but it is worth every minute. Welcome Riley and Sophie and give 'em a big kiss from me and Sarah:)

twondra said...

OH MY GOSH!! CONGRATS GIRL!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!!!

I had a feeling they were going to make their way into the world BEFORE Christmas!! What a long journey it's been......... and SO very worth the wait!

Riley & Sophie are lucky to have a such a wonderful momma!!!

I'll be keeping tabs....can't wait to see pics!!!

Angie (aka ICSI GIRL)

TaranTrav said...

Congratulations Tanya! I am so happy you and the babies are doing well. I can't wait to see their pictures, I am sure they are beautiful!

Tara

Unknown said...

Congrats! I have been following your story!!! I can't wait to see them!

M and M: said...

Congratulations, Tanya! What great weights for both the babies! I can't imagine how exhausted and excited you must be all at the same time! Take care recovering. Can't wait to see pics of the little ones!

Steph and Dave said...

Tanya, glad to hear that your little ones are here and doing great. Now we just have to get all of our little ones home where they belong but right now they are in the best care, i keep having to tell myself this when i have to leave them every night but hopefully soon, everyone will be home!!!! Congrads!!

Steph and Dave said...

Oh and I forgot, i cant wait to see pictures.

Stephanie said...

OMG.... Tanya I'm so so happy for you!! I can't wait to see the pics of those lil babies. I hope that you are healing well and those lil ones come home quickly.

scgirard said...

Congrats Tans. I am so happy for you and Tom. You must be both relieved and ecstatic all at the same time. I am so glad to hear that they are both healthy and I am sure they will be home in no time. I look very forward to seeing the pictures.
Love Ya,
Scott

Jennie said...

Yeah! Congrats!! We're so excited for you and your family. We can't wait to see pictures. Hope you Riley and Sophie are doing well and we wish you a speedy recovery!