Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sophie Ate!!!

Well little miss Sophie hasnt been eating but today she decided to nipple about 35 cc's which is her whole bottle! I was so proud of her. That is wonderful...one step closer. She has been without any apnea alarms for a little over 24 hours. She needs to be alarm free for 5 days. The doctor did up her Cafcit to 19mg per dose which should keep her a little more alert to be able to breathe. If she continues to stay alarm free she can come home on Christmas eve! She will come home on medication and an apnea monitor. That will make me feel better!!! How wonderful! That would be so great!!! I am praying that she does well. We just have to take it one day at a time. Other than that she is gaining weight consistently and very snuggly!!!

Mr. Riley is doing great. He is without a feeding tube for a couple of days now and eating well from the bottle. This is a great sign. The doctor said that he might come home either tomorrow or Friday! Yippie! I hope that this is the case. He is so calm and easy going with everything.

I am preparing the house for their arrival-setting up diaper changing stations upstairs and down and getting everything out that I will be needing for them! I am looking forward to them coming home-so are my boys!!!

4 comments:

Erika said...

I am so happy for you Tanya. Your little babers are progressing so nicely and to know you might actually have them home for Christmas must give you so much joy! Enjoy all the prep work. I look forward to the time when I ge to prep for my babers homecoming!
I have been so sick (strep throat) and haven't seen my angel in 4 days. I think it will be a whole week before I will see her and it just killing me.

Steph and Dave said...

This is great news Tanya, hopefully your angels will be both be home for christmas. Good luck trying to get the house ready. It sure is a chore and then there is always something that did not get done.

I can not wait to get Lucas home so we will all be together. He is ready to come home when he stops having his apnea episodes.

M and M: said...

How exciting that your little boy might be coming home in the next day or two! And, it is awesome that Sophie ate! Great news! Have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family.

twondra said...

I'm sooo happy for you! Exciting! I hope they will both be home for Christmas! :)