Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ob appt and BPP today...and on and on.....

Today was a day like all other days! Filled with doctor appointments and waiting. Lots of waiting. I had the BPP and everything turned out well for that. Riley is weighing in at 5lbs 7 oz and Sophie is weighing in at about 5 lbs 4 oz. I am not sure how accurate these are considering I had the bad tech. Dang! I thought that I made my appt.'s around her schedule. Oh well. This is the idea they have. Not bad. You could see some of the vernix floating in the amniotic fluid. They are starting to shed that coating already. That is a good sign. Anyhow they are both head up today. Lots of fun for mom! Then I headed out for my OB appointment which was pretty uneventful. BP was 124/89 and no protein in the urine so that is a good deal. I was asking the doctor about healing after the c-section, with all the swelling that I have in my lower abdomen. He said it is like a 50/50 with that much swelling. I was like what? He said that it may heal up good, they may have to put a drain in it or it may not heal well at all and continue to be weepy. That is all I need with 2 newborns! So it is a wait and see game. I hope that it heals up just fine and I wont have to worry about it. He said that they will give me antibiotics prophylactically.

I measured 48 weeks-YIKES! That is huge!!!

He said he noticed a real difference in my coping ability! He asked me what was wrong and I lit into him! I am so tired first of all. I hate the clinic. By the way they are refunding my money from the 3D ultrasound because both times the video is horrific. That's beside the point. I cannot sleep. I mean I absolutely cannot sleep without taking something. It is horrible. Then it got too late last night to take something so I just paced the floors...It was bad. My ear is aching and I can barely talk still......So needless to say I was very very grumpy! He was like whoa! She opened a can on me! LOL He said to hang in there and for every day between now and the 26th that they stay inside that would be about 2 days less that they would be in the nursery. That is incentive right? So here I sit hanging in there.


Upcoming Appt's:
Tomorrow-Drop off 24 hour urine and get an NST
Monday-OB appt and BPP
Tuesday-Perinatologist and NST with blood work
Thursday-NST with blood work
Friday-Pre-op Appt. for C-section

4 comments:

Roger said...

Hang in there Tanya. You are in the final stretch...he he, no pun intended on the word stretch! Just think how amazing it will be to take the babies home with you when you get discharged! A luxury many twin mommies don't have!

twondra said...

Hang in there sweetie! Soon those cuties will be out and it'll all be worth it. Easy for me to say, isn't it? :) Hang in there!

Erika said...

WHOOPS, Tanya. I just realized I left you a comment last night and the computer was signed in as my DH's name. The first comment was from me! Since you don't know who Roger is :)

Steph and Dave said...

Tanya, glad to hear things are going great. Even though you are so uncomfortable you want them to stay in there as long as possible so they do not have to stay. It is a tough thing to go through when they have to stay.