Monday, November 19, 2007

The Perinatologist was in.....

Well she stopped in and here is the scoop-She said that it is very likely that I will be developing pre-eclampsia in the weeks to come. She doesn't know when and right now she is concerned with the early stages of HELLP syndrome. It is hemolytic anemia, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet counts. My liver enzymes did go up a little more today and she thinks that it could be the beginning stages of this condition...maybe not but maybe. She is very conservative and I really like her. Anyhow this can all lead to pre-eclampsia. She said that it comes on fast so that is the reason to keep me in the hospital. Her inclination is to keep me but she said since I am a "reliable" patient that she would feel comfortable letting me go home and be monitored three times a week with NST's, blood pressure checks and protein in the urine. On top of that I will be seeing my OB for BPP's (biophysical profiles) and weekly checks. Wow!!! Anyhow, if my 24 hour urine comes back tonight with numbers close to what we had on Friday and the AM labs look basically the same she said that I could go home tomorrow. She said to take it easy and just relax. She is very concerned about my BP going up with all of the running around all the time. I did ask her about a few situations such as shopping and driving the boys to school and she said that it would be OK if I was sitting down. Hello wheelchair!!! I am looking forward to going home and chilling out there! Much more comfy of course. So I have my chin up tonight as I know that the babies are doing well and I am OK.

Now for my little rant...I'm sure you know how I feel about the clinic that I go to. Well none of the docs came to see me today! I am a little upset about that. I mean what up with that? I am a patient. I am in the hospital and they didn't come. I have no idea what they are thinking about any of this. I guess it really doesn't matter as I like the peri so well but come on fella's. Anyhow...I will update more when I get the info.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Your docs seem like flakes! What an ordeal. It's good that your peri is so nice. I'm so sorry you had to be in the hospital over the weekend but at least you can go home. What a week?! My emotional issues are so pittiful compared to the ordeals that you and the other twin mommy's are going through. Stay positive and lounge! :-)

twondra said...

Wow...you poor thing. I hope you're able to go home. You seem so positive and I admire that. Keep us posted.

M and M: said...

Hope you are in the process of being released and going home! Take it easy. I am glad the doc is keeping such a close eye on you and the babies. Best of luck...not much longer! - Megan