Saturday, November 17, 2007

Today...

Well last night I was able to sleep pretty well. They gave me an ambien and I slept the best I ever have!!! I told the nurse I haven't really slept well since like June! It was good until I was awakened with contractions at 5:30AM. They were pretty strong. I just let them ride thinking Braxton Hicks until I was crying by 6:30AM. I paged the nurse and I said I think we might should hook up the monitor because these contractions are much stronger than the usual ones. Then I was really uncomfortable. I was just going nuts and panicking and bawling. It was horrible. Then they gave me a fluid bolus through my IV and it didn't really help. They kept up every 2-4 minutes until about 10:00 AM. Then I was able to walk around and it really helped to relieve the pain. Then I have been having sporadic contractions throughout the day but not bad ones. I am so ready to go home and have my own bed! My back is killing me and they have no additional padding available. Anyway-My fetal fibronectin came back negative. That is good. Liver enzymes are still elevated and I got my second dose of steroids today. I took a wonderful shower and I feel so good tonight. Just relaxed and enjoying life! My babies are looking good every time they are monitored and they are moving like crazy. Every time I get hooked up they try to run away! It is really funny. I love them so much and I can't wait to meet them!

3 comments:

Erika said...

YIKES...sounds like a very stressful day you had. I hope everything gets better and you can keep those little rugrats in for a while longer. I will be praying for you and the babers.

twondra said...

I'm glad you got some sleep....you poor thing. :( You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

M and M: said...

Hang in there, Tanya. Things sound so uncomfortable for you right now, but it will all be worth it in the end. Glad you got another steroid shot so that those babies lungs are ready...seems they are anxious to come out and meet you!